Come join our exciting and dynamic team! SolarReserve is a global developer of large-scale solar power projects and advanced solar thermal technology with more than $1.8 billion of projects in construction around the world. We have commercialized the world’s leading solar thermal technology (CSP) with integrated energy storage – providing reliable and non-intermittent electricity, day or night. Our US Headquarters is located in Santa Monica, California with international offices in Dubai, Istanbul, Johannesburg, London, Madrid, Perth and Santiago.
Our current US flagship project, the Crescent Dunes Project in Tonopah, NV is in construction with operations scheduled in 2014. We also have a significant presence internationally with substantial photovoltaic (PV) power projects in South Africa.
TITLE: Regional Controller/Senior Accounting Manager for EMEA
LOCATION: Sandton, South Africa
REPORTS TO: Corporate Controller
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversees the accounting operations for the EMEA (South Africa, Europe, and the Middle East);
- Responsible for financial reporting for the EMEA territory with compliance with local and US GAAP
- Responsible for implementing developing, and maintaining a comprehensive financial reporting system to meet the needs of the organization.
- Responsible for tax compliance within the EMEA territory
- Oversee the accounts payable, payroll, and treasury functions of the EMEA territory
- Monitor for compliance with corporate policies and internal controls
- Implementation of additional controls as required by the region
- Performs timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
- Manages short term and long term financial forecasting to ensure adequate liquidity
- Assist with asset management activities in South Africa
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with regional VP and headquarters as to identify their needs and provide advice on the financial implications of business decisions
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Guides financial decisions and asset protection by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls, financial policies, procedures and reporting systems.
- Oversee the external audit process of the EMEA territory
- Assist with the implementation of Great Plains
- Ensure the timely delivery of monthly consolidation reporting package
- Responsible for managing accounting/tax service providers and managing personnel
- Primary contact for operational matters and EMEA employee inquiries with respect to scope of work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge: Five or more years of financial experience, plus at least two years’ experience as a senior finance manager (Manager or higher). Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Accounting or Finance, required. Chartered Accountant or similar accreditation required. Strong grasp of core financial concepts, with a demonstrated willingness to engage in and address the hands-on operational details as necessary. Demonstrated track record of rapidly growing a business. Experience developing and managing staff.
Skills: Highly skilled in Excel, ERP Systems, MS Office, and other accounting related software. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations. Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis; high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation..
Experience: Two years of public accounting experience and experience with back office operations
As an industry leader, we recognize that our commitment to our employees is the foundation of our success. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Please reference Requisition code: 201406RC06 in the subject line.