Energy Infrastructure Asset Investors
SOLARRESERVE OFFERS INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN SOLAR ENERGY PROJECTS
SolarReserve has established itself as a leading global developer of large-scale solar power projects and advanced solar thermal technology. It has developed and secured long-term power contracts (“PPAs”) for 482 MW of solar projects representing $2.9 billion of project capital.
A seasoned management team is at the core of SolarReserve’s success. Having built more than 27 GW, with $48 billion of transaction experience in 25 countries, the team knows how to capture, enhance and maintain value.
PIPELINE OF HIGH QUALITY INFRASTRUCTURE ASSETS
SolarReserve has assembled a global development pipeline of 13 GW across the world’s most attractive, high growth renewable energy markets. We structure our projects to minimize key risk exposures, resulting in readily financeable assets with stable and predictable cash flows for years to come. SolarReserve’s projects offer investment opportunities at various stages in the project development cycle; most frequently at the "financial close/notice to proceed" stage or shortly after the completion of construction. The large size of our project pipeline ensures that our investment partners will have multiple investment opportunities over time.
Why invest in SolarReserve developed assets?
- Experience – Having built more than 27 GW and financed more than $48 billion in energy projects around the world, the SolarReserve’s management team knows how to capture, enhance and maintain value. Our experience helps streamline the efficiency of the due diligence process for investors and lenders alike.
- Project selection – SolarReserve carefully selects its projects in markets with a strong underlying economic rationale in their favor. Working with local partners in locations outside the United States enhances the development process efficiency, reduces delays and has thus significantly contributed to our successful track record.
- Ethical governance – Our partner-, vendor- and consultant selection process follows best practices to ensure transparency and that business is conducted in an ethical way. Background checks and audits help us maintain consistent attention to our core values. Our anti-corruption policies address the challenges of this commitment. These policies contain guidance on conflicts of interest, political contributions, interactions with government representatives and other potential hazard areas. All employees and parties that represent us are required to commit to upholding the policies specified in these guidelines.
- Minimized risk – We structure our projects to minimize key risk exposures, resulting in readily financeable assets with stable and predictable cash flows. Construction risks are typically mitigated through lump-sum turn key EPC arrangements with experienced and credit-worthy contractors providing adequate performance guarantees. Similarly, our projects benefit from long-term PPAs and seek to minimize merchant risk exposure. Typically, our projects are financed on a long-term non-recourse basis thus mitigating exposure and liquidity concerns at the investor level.
- Growth industry – Over the past five years, the solar industry has enjoyed unprecedented growth, which we expect to continue. SolarReserve is active in markets with the right mix of attributes in favor of utility scale solar generation capacity, particularly with respect to CSP tower projects with molten salt storage, SolarReserve’s core technology.
- Repeat business opportunity – The large size of our project pipeline is supported by the above mentioned growth drivers. It ensures that our investment partners will have a sustained flow of investment opportunities over time.
- Investment size – SolarReserve’s project assets provide large scale equity investment opportunities, often in the $100 million to $500 million range.
- Management services – SolarReserve's offers project performance enhancing management services, which are described in detail below.
PERFORMANCE ENHANCING MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Construction Management, Project Management, and Asset Management
SolarReserve performs Construction Management, Project Management and Asset Management services to protect and maximize equity value from development through operations. SolarReserve manages all aspects of a project such that an owner or lender client can limit their project level risks and maximize performance and returns. Construction and Project Management:
- Appoint, liaise and interface with project participants in order to maintain clear communication and ensure cooperation between constructor, utilities, operator, owner’s engineer, lender’s technical advisor, and other key constituents during the construction phase
- Represent Client's interests in respect of project contracts including work performed by the contractor for engineering, procurement, construction, safety and compliance
- Advise clients with respect to warranty and insurance matters, claims, or other material circumstances
- Manage project budgets and schedules to maximize return on investment
- Manage all technical, legal, financial, insurance, tax, interest rate, hedging, accounting, audit and other professional advisors necessary for the maximum benefit of the project
- Manage the performance of Client's obligations pursuant to project documents
- Provide oversight as Client's representative of operations and maintenance activities (on site and off), supervise site health, safety and security issues
- Monitor compliance by the O&M Contractor of applicable permits and consents, meet with governmental officials, and otherwise ensure Client's permits and consents remain in force as required
SolarReserve has established itself as a leading global developer of large-scale solar power projects with more than $1.8 billion of projects in operation around the world. A seasoned management team that knows how to capture, enhance and maintain value, is at the core of SolarReserve’s success. Our experienced team of power project professionals has assembled a worldwide development portfolio of more than 13 GW. We believe that our approach to selecting and structuring projects results in highly attractive investment opportunities based on the following attributes: (1) robust project structures with long term stable cash flows, (2) repeat large scale investment opportunities driven by a high growth industry, and (3) SolarReserve's project performance enhancing management services.